Wednesday 24 September 2014

What I've Been Baking... Cherry and Almond Muffins


Office law dictates that when it is a resident's birthday that they must bring cake...

Who am I to defy that law?

So I took these beauties in.



Cherry and Almond Muffins.

Preparation: under 15 min.
Makes: 12
Oven's temperature: Gas Mark 5/200 C
How Long?: 20 m

The Ingredients:

175g (6 oz) soft margarine
175g (6 oz) caster sugar
300g (11 oz) self raising flour
3 eggs
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon baking powder
200g tub glacé cherries, roughly chopped

The Method:

  1. Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tray. 
  2. Using an electric whisk, beat sugar into the margarine. Add eggs, milk and almond extract, beat again until well combined – it may look a bit odd and curdled. Carry on regardless. 
  3. Stir in the flour. 
  4. Reserve some cherries for decoration and fold the remainder into the mixture. 
  5. Divide mixture evenly between the paper cases, and decorate the tops with remaining cherries. 
  6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes. 
  7. Next time I make these I'm going to drizzle the top with glacé icing for a Bakewell tart type affair.

These are so good.

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I have made muffins without using oil or melted butter. I'll definately be doing it again. They were really quick and simple to make.

    Show me yours either on Twitter (@whatbeebeedid) or on the Facebook page (facebook.com/whatbeebeedid)

    ReplyDelete