Who am I to defy that law?
So I took these beauties in.
Cherry and Almond Muffins.
Preparation: under 15 min.
Oven's temperature: Gas Mark 5/200 C
How Long?: 20 m
175g (6 oz) soft margarine
175g (6 oz) caster sugar
300g (11 oz) self raising flour
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon baking powder
200g tub glacé cherries, roughly chopped
- Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tray.
- Using an electric whisk, beat sugar into the margarine. Add eggs, milk and almond extract, beat again until well combined – it may look a bit odd and curdled. Carry on regardless.
- Stir in the flour.
- Reserve some cherries for decoration and fold the remainder into the mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly between the paper cases, and decorate the tops with remaining cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Next time I make these I'm going to drizzle the top with glacé icing for a Bakewell tart type affair.
These are so good.