Friday 4 April 2014

Product Trial: Colgate Max White One


Over the years I've had lots of things done to my teeth. 

From fixed braces, stretching bars, retainers to the prospect of having my jaw broken and reset. All before my late teens. In fact, I was training as a secretary at college when I had my fixed brace, I was 17.

Thankfully, all the metal work did the trick so I never did get to have my jaws reset. 

All this because my bottom jaw stopped growing before the rest of me! I think I was about 12. 

What I have been left with though, as well as an overbite, is a resigned hatred of dental work and things being in my mouth that shouldn't be. I'm not scared of the dentist, so it's not a phobia, but definitely an intense dislike. 

So couple that with an extreme dislike of anything minty, that's not covered in chocolate, and a strong gag reflex you can probably guess brushing my teeth is a daily ordeal. 



This should however highlight that I meant business when I decided to test this product out. 
Colgate is a brand I like, and more often not their products aren't reactionary to me, which made this slightly easier. 

The blurb says: "One shade whiter in one week with Max White One, with whitening
accelerators it safely removes stains and prevents tartar build-up. 
Continued use will help keep them whiter for longer"

I decided to test this claim, I used it in conjunction with the new MaxWhite toothbrush with whitening star. Which promises: "Brighten your smile with a unique tooth-polishing star. Colgate® Max White® is proven to remove stains to help reveal the natural whiteness of your teeth."

The instructions say to brush your teeth for a full 2 minutes, 3 times a day. 

So basically not that different to usual. Apart from the extra lunchtime session, so for me this worked out as getting ready, getting in from work then finally before bed. 

I found the toothbrush much firmer than my usual medium bristles, so my gums were sore for a little while, on day 4 this started to die down though. I liked the squeak that you got from the silicone polishing star that is in the midst of the bristles. It's even managed to shift a stain I've had since I was 19 when my fixed brace was removed. 

I didn't change anything else. I'm happy with the results for just one week. 


Before using The Max White
 After using The Max White for 7 days
this is a bad flash shot but again you can see the difference.

For £5 at Boots for both products I am more than happy with the result. I'm going to be sticking with this toothpaste for the foreseeable future.

Click here for similar products in the offer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment