Thursday 17 April 2014

Skincare and Stress

Beware make up free photos at the bottom of this post.

I've been through a stressful couple of months.

And boy you can tell when you look at my skin and nails, they've both been peeling again, and I've had lumpy painful spots on top of lumpy painful spots.

So I've come to the conclusion that I've got to get strict on my skincare routine again.  I have had a few weeks holiday from wearing make up to let some of the welts go down and heal.

First I've looked at all the trash I've been eating, so from on I am adding more veggies in, especially after it's been decided that we now should eat at least 7 pieces of fruit and veg a day - rather than the 5 it was previously - I have some chomping to do.

After some research I have found that the following foods can be beneficial for the skin's appearance:

Dark chocolate
Greek yoghurt
Walnuts
Peppers, yellow and orange ones are able to decrease sensitivity to the sun.
Sunflower seeds boost vitamin c
Kidney beans have zinc in which can prevent spots
Green tea can help reduce redness in the skin tone.

The other thing I need to do is stop picking. As soon as I'm aware a 2nd head is sprouting from my chin I'm constantly touching it, prodding and poking. How I don't have loads of scaring I just don't know.

This is the current starting point, and I will report back on how it's coming along in 2 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment