Monday 24 March 2014

Get Moving Monday

I've not written one of these in a while. Mainly because I haven't been doing any sort of formal exercise. I know after I got those shoes!



I'm finding that life has this trick of changing my plans. After what I can only call a really low and emotional weekend, I have gone through my stash of fitness dvds and found out a couple I can do and get under my belt before I head into the office. (Did you know, once upon a time I used to be out the door at 5am to go running?)



At the moment I'm rediscovering Zumba. I have 3 dvds and right now I'm using the Zumba Express one, 20 minutes from beginning to end, no floor work (which I hate), a lot of dance (which I love) and you can lower or raise the intensity to what you can manage. Which is paramount if you are out of condition, don't want to get injured or just aren't as fit as you should be.


This works for me as, like many people, I don't like to be seen to exercise in public, partially as I have a tendancy to break out in a blotchy rash from head to foot - attractive huh? Also, as I have been on the receiving end of some less than favourable attention while pounding the pavement.




I do know that breaking into sweat and raising my heartbeat is important for my general health. It also promotes a feeling of wellbeing which I've been missing. I'm not getting the chance to move around as much as I used to now I'm sat in front of a monitor all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment