Wednesday 22 October 2014

What I Made... Platters.

For yesterday's Wine Night event I also made a couple of platters up for the other guests.

It's been a while since I've done any out of the family catering.

Luckily it was only for a select few guests, so I went down the continental platter route.

A cheese boards and charcuterie.


Being on a bit of a budget I did my shopping at Aldi. There range is amazing, even in the small shops.

On the cheese board above I used a Danish Blue, blue isn't always popular however you rarely get a bad word said about the Danish over the Stilton, a sharp vintage cheddar, soft goats cheese and brie. To accompany them some fresh fruit, dried fruit and nuts to add a bit of texture. There was also some caramelized onion chutney and a tomato and chilli chutney on the side too.

I love goats cheese and caramelised onion chutney. It's like one of the best things in the world.


On the charcuterie (or meat) platter I picked up the Italian and Spanish selection of salamis, parma ham and Mediterranean chicken. In the middle is a roast pepper tortilla, and in the ramekins green and black olives, roasted peppers and artichokes. 

For each platter there was a selection of breads including ciabatta and some sunflower seed white rolls. 

Both platters went down really well. I was rather proud. 


No comments:

Post a Comment