Thursday 2 October 2014

My Nail Woes



Yes I'm back to trying to grow my nails again.

I have spotted some fabulous nail art that I want for Halloween, the sticking point it that they need to be long enough to carry a French polish and some decoration as well. These are not them, I will post them when I have them finished! So patient my little ones.

source: beautysweetspot.com


The fight is on.

The best way I have found to keep my nails stronger, and help the growing process is to use nail varnish.

I've tried a couple this week. But for some reason I just couldn't get them to apply quite right.

I used a neon pink by Avon which didn't so much chip off as flake off like dandruff, and a yellow by Rimmel London that I couldn't for the life of me get to go on evenly. After 4 coats I gave it up as a bad job.

Rimmel London's I Love Lasting Finish in Cute as a Kitten Heel


The one colour I did get to go on seemed to wear off and fade at the tip.

It's been a strange old week nail wise, not helped that a whole 30 mins after booking my appointment for the manicure (yes I'm getting it done professionally for a change - Thanks Gemma!) one of my decent nails just tore off in my hair.

I can already see some of my other longer nails showing wear and tear too, it's going to be a nerve wrecking month until I get my bum in the salon's chair.

Rimmel London's Salon Pro Nail Colour in Oyster Pink


There is a bit of a hang nail problem going on there too. I foresee hand cream arriving back on my desk in the office and being introduced into my bathroom and handbag once again.

Gosh being a girl is tiring. These are just nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment