Monday 17 February 2014

My Life Monday: Procrastination is a Very Long Word, Spell It.

I don't know about you, but I am a fully paid up, card-carrying member of the procrastination club. 

If I don't do something straight away, it tends not to get done. I have a tendency to over think, over plan and just make things over complicated. 

Some things in life do need to be thought about in advance. Due to the ramifications that are imparted post idea, other things not too much. 

I can lay in bed for 2 hours thinking about getting up after the alarm goes off. No snooze button required. I just lay there and think about it. 

I have been known to plan how to clean a particular room for that long, if I'd just got on with it the room would have been finished before my To Do list was. 

Another thing is if I'm engrossed in a book, everything just gets pushed aside. Writing these posts, I often do them one night a week, if a book is involved... yeah let us not dwell on that one eh?

Sleep, I think about that... a lot. I'm frequently lacking in that. It's like finding a mythical creature in the supermarket. Just doesn't happen when I particularly want it to. Usually because I'm busy watching vlogs in bed. I just love YouTube for those. 

If I'm lacking in inspiration for something I can easily get lost within @pinterest. For hours at a time! That site is a procrastinators dream. You can lose yourself and at the same time feel really productive as you are finding ideas and inspiration for future endeavours, which lets be fair you will probably also procrastinate over and then never actually do.

This year I am trying to break the procrastination habit... it's really tough, and I'm trying hard. Maybe it will be easier tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment