Thursday 20 February 2014

DIY Thursday: Facial Hair Removal

Oh yes. I'm going there.

The great female taboo  Facial hair.

I am a woman of a certain age, and why did no one warn me that it was going to happen.

Then I started to wonder if it was hereditary, mainly after I happened across Gran wielding a razor toward her chin on more than one occasion

I don't get me wrong, I don't have a full on beard or tashe. I do have a couple of worrisome shadowy bits that annoy me. Probably more than they should.

I've tried all sorts of treatments from waxing and threading to epilating and bleach. I have come to the conclusion that I much prefer using a hair removal cream. The first three just hurt far too much, and their are only so many tears you can shed at the beauticians before they get a complex.
The other thing in favour of a hair removal cream is that you can do it in the comfort of your own bathroom. Quick, simple and cheap.

I also like that I can do it at the same time as something else, like doing my roots and conditioning my hair.

I picked mine up in store, I've had a look online and I can't see it right now.

Scent wise it could be nicer, it has that usual floralish smell, which can be dodged if you light a nice candle, thankfully you only need to leave it on for 3 minutes, 5 minutes maximum. Remove the cream with the enclosed spatula and rinse with lukewarm water. Finish off with the moisturiser that comes with the kit.

That's it you're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment